Who we are
Kankanba Farm Yard is a 20 hectares integrated farm located in the historic village of Sanyang, The Gambia. It is surrounded by several communal settlements, namely Bamindoro, Kunkuja, Tujereng, Brikama and Jambanjelly. The Farm Yard was established in 1998.
The Gambia is blessed with fertile land and good climate. This natural gift can serve to fight poverty effectively.
- To set up an integrated organic farm which produces nutritious fresh food
- To provides a convivial atmosphere for health promoting activities
- Create a meeting place for cultures
- Provide abundant healthy farm produce for the Gambian populace
- Provide activities with therapeutic effects for all
- Develop behavioural therapeutic approaches
- Teach basic aspects of agriculture
- Conduct agricultural research to improve the environment and food production
- Provide recreational activities for schools, families and individuals